Terms & Conditions
- Transfers or refunds are available up to 15 working days before a class.
- No refund or transfer is available after this time.
Classes on Our Premises
The classes take place at Unit 8, White Horse Business Centre, Hopton Industrial Estate, Devizes, SN10 2HJ.
- Evacuation procedures in event of a fire will be explained at the beginning of each session.
- The kitchen is in an industrial unit; suitable non-slip footwear must be worn at all times.
- Participants must take responsibility for the safety of personal belongings.
- All equipment will be provided and training given in the use of this equipment, in particular sharp knives.
Participants agree that they enter the premises and perform these activities entirely at their own discretion, choice, risk and liability. They accept that there is an inherent danger and risk of injury due to the very nature of the activity. Whilst The Company will endeavour to take all reasonable safety and health precautions there shall be no claim against The Company unless caused by The Company’s negligence and recoverable on that ground.
Physical Products - Standard Delivery Charges
Orders are usually dispatched between 3-5 working days if they are in stock.Each separate order will be charged a separate delivery fee.
If only part of your order is available, we will only dispatch the items that are in stock, and cancel the out of stock items. The cost of out of stock items will be refunded to you via your payment card.
Standard delivery to some postcodes such as Northern Ireland & outlying areas may take an additional 24 hours.
Physical Products - Creating a Contract
These are the steps required to create a contract between you and Vaughan's Kitchen Cookery School:
- You place an order for your booking / products on Vaughan's Cookery School website by submitting your order at the end of the checkout process.
- When using the online shop, you will receive an order acknowledgement email with a transaction ID, detailing the products you have ordered. This is an automated service from Shopify, not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Vaughan's Cookery School.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and Vaughan's Cookery School will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order (or part of your order). You will be refunded for items which are not despatched to you.
The reasons for non-acceptance of an order by Vaughan's Cookery School may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock; or
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment; or
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
Payment will be deducted from your account when we receive the order. Any returns can be sent to us by post and the same account will be credited once we have established that the condition of your returned items meet our criteria (see Refunds, below).
We use the Shopify Gateway with third-party providers of your choice - PayPal, GPay etc. to process payments. Shopify stores cookies that help the site function correctly for payments and when you make a payment you consent to use having access to your information for the purposes of purchasing a course, class or goods such as gift vouchers and gifts.
- Goods can be returned by post. Please note that we do not offer an exchange service.
- We reserve the right to refuse to refund items that are not returned within 28 days of delivery.
- In order to qualify for a refund, all items must be in a re-saleable condition i.e. undamaged, in their original and undamaged packaging, unopened and complete.
- We reserve the right to refuse to refund items that are returned which are not in re-saleable condition. Goods returned in an unsatisfactory and not in a re-saleable condition may be returned to you at your expense.
- Goods must be returned with your original receipt and be in the condition that they were purchased. Without a receipt we will refund at the last known selling price so long as products are returned in re-saleable condition in their original and undamaged packging, unopened and complete.
- If your payment card expires before we process your refund please contact us by telephone with your details.
- Our refunds policy is in addition to your statutory rights.
Returns by Post
You can return goods post to:Vaughan's Kitchen Cookery School
8 White Horse Business Centre,
The parcel should contain:
- The item(s) you purchased that you wish to return in their original condition.
- A copy of your paypal advice or other proof of purchase and details as to why the goods are being returned.
- You will be refunded for the delivery charge if we have made an error in our despatch or if the item received is faulty or unfit for purpose, unless you have decided to keep part of the received order. We will also refund your delivery charge if you are an EU customer cancelling within 7 days of receiving of your order under the Distance Selling Regulations (see below).
- We are unable to accept any responsibility for returned items that are lost and damaged in the post. You must ensure that your items are securely packaged, and obtain a proof of posting. Please allow at least two days for your goods to reach us.
- Please note that we are not able to give exchanges and you should allow 28 days to receive your refund.
This section gives details of some relevant pieces of legislation. It is not intended to be exhaustive. Sale of GoodsOur refunds policy is in addition to your statutory rights. Under the Sale of Goods Act, the goods we sell you must:
- conform to the description we have given you
- be of satisfactory quality.
- be fit for purpose.
- be safe.
You have statutory rights to have goods which do not meet these standards repaired or replaced, or in certain circumstances you can receive a refund.Distance Selling Regulations & Cancellation
- Our refunds policy is in addition to your statutory rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.
- Under these regulations you have the right to cancel a contract for the sale of goods, where that contract has been entered by distance means (e.g. via website).
- If you want to cancel, you must do so within seven working days after delivery of the goods.
- To cancel the contract you must send us a written notice stating that you wish to cancel the contract, together with proof of purchase
- You are responsible for returning the goods to us at your cost.
PLEASE NOTE: Where you cancel a contract, you have an obligation to keep possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. Should you wish to return an item please return the undamaged product with the original and undamaged packaging.
Once you give us notice of cancellation and we receive your returned items in resaleable condition (see above) we will arrange to reimburse you. It may take up to 28 days from the date we receive the returned items for this to be done.