Led by Peter Vaughan
Having had a classical French culinary training through the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, then working in fine dining and Michelin star restaurants before opening his own restaurant, The Bistro, Devizes, Peter Vaughan knows that the most popular choice on a restaurant menu is steak. Many people say that they just can't seem to cook it properly at home. This session is on the programme by popular demand and you will learn all the tips and tricks that go towards creating this favourite dish with delicious accompaniments.
"Peter is brilliant - imaginative, informative and inspiring cooking and teaching" Rich Stone
What will I learn to cook?
- The difference between forequarters and hindquarters and what cuts make a great steak (not necessarily the expensive ones)
- What can go wrong (or pointers to success!)
- Sauces: wine reduction; peppercorn sauce plus variations
- Garnishes & presentation skills
What happens on the day?
- The class is a busy hands-on session.
- All ingredients, equipment and aprons will be supplied PLUS we will do the washing up!
- The small group size enables you to get plenty of attention, whether you want to be helped or stretched. You will be working in a friendly and sociable environment.
- The session will finish with a meal (including wine) and you will have some goodies to take home.
This class can be made suitable for gluten free. Let us know at the checkout when you book.